Chleby Zoo was founded in 1997 and is the first official post-revolutionary non-governmental zoo in the Czech Republic. It is regularly ranked among the 10 most important zoos in the Czech Republic. What unique things are waiting for you?
• Red shanked douc monkeys, the most beautiful monkey in the world. These extremely demanding characters are the only group found outside Asia. The basic group is a male and two females, and we have two cubs from 2018 and one cub from 2020 (Both were prize-winners in White Elephant, a Czech national competition for zoos)
• One of the largest playgrounds in all Czech zoos
• Our giant Elbe aquarium with a number of species of freshwater (native and non-native) fish
• Mendel Ecocentre – ECO education, programs for schools and extracurricular events
• Walk through fallow deer enclosure
• Medvědinec – winner in the Construction category in White Elephant
• A new lion enclosure, like the world has never seen before, is opening in 2020